Monday, June 25, 2012

Hell of a weekend

We had one hell of a weekend. It was really amazing. We got up early on Friday morning and drove to Woods Hole, MA (which is on cape cod). I spent a science summer there a few years ago and it was the first time that I had been back. I had forgotten how great it is. It is a VERY small town, super kid friendly, and full of science dorks. I got to see both my PhD advisor and my postdoc advisor because they are teaching summer classes there. My postdoc advisor took a few of us sailing (sans Bex) and we hung out with good friends that I haven't seen in a long time. It was like a real summer vacation with beach time and lots of relaxation. We stayed there until Sunday morning and then headed back to New Haven (only a three hour drive!) and Uncle Carlos and Auntie Betsy came to visit from SF. Betsy actually grew up in New Haven and at one point lived only a few blocks from our apartment. They were at her brother's wedding and stopped for a night with us before heading back to SF. We are so lucky to have gotten to see so many friends in one weekend. Here are a few pics from Woods Hole and with C + B. 



1 comment:

  1. I forgot all about that summer! And you seriously are so lucky...you have seen SO MANY friends/family since you moved to New Haven. Guess you really aren't so far off the beaten path after all.

    ReplyDelete