Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Damn Beast

We got home from picking up the boy from day care and I started to wash his bottles (my least favorite chore ever) and I heard meowing. Not calm, nice meowing but meowing like, "Help me. I'm stuck!" Indeed Beast was in fact stuck. She had opened a cabinet in the kitchen and went way back and managed to wedge her very, very extra long body into a very small space behind the cabinet. She was officially stuck and way too dumb to figure out how to get out. Even enticing her with fancy feast did not work. To make a long ordeal short, we borrowed a saw from the downstairs neighbors and literally CUT her out. It sounds easy but it was a huge pain and involved both Topher and I getting into the cabinet ourselves and taking turns sawing and cutting her out. That damn beast. She is out now and seems totally fine.



6 comments:

  1. Yikes! I never had that problem with even one of my children.

    Your mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers, what an adventure for all involved. I can't believe you had to SAW her out!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw the cat in half magic trick? Oh Beast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the brightest bulb in the canine linage? Sounds awful . . . . have you sealed the access and looked for other neat hiding places?,,,,,, dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. so it's not so much baby-proofing as beast-proofing?

    ReplyDelete