Monday, August 8, 2011

Bex Upstaged


I was taking Bex for a walk this morning and we stopped to get a pastry and a cup of coffee. Bex was sleeping in the stroller, as usual, exactly as pictured above. The woman in front of me in line saw that I had a stroller and peeked in to get a glimpse, of Bex, I assumed. But instead, she looked up at me and said, "That is a beautiful blanket, is it handknitted?". I said yes, that his Aunt Kory had knitted the blanket for him, and she said, "Wow, that is wonderful work for such a young knitter." No mention or acknowledgement of the baby under the blanket- I could have been walking a sack of flour as far as she was concerned. Bravo, Kory.

4 comments:

  1. Your post is hilarious! I remember the first time someone ignored my first baby. I was uber offended and thought the person must be an imbecile.

    Your mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a real do di do.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, BEX even brings out my inner knitter!

    Zia Gianna

    PS: He's such a quiet and gracious little guy--the woman doubtless would have commented (albeit acerbically) had he been shrieking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well,that is a pretty amazing looking blanket, but don't forget the baby! He is like totally way presh!

    ReplyDelete